Many people face the problem of toenail fungus from time to time. This is a very common problem that can cause splitting, cracking and loss of the toenail. If you have toenail fungus, you may experience symptoms such as yellowing of the nail, inflammation, and pain in the toe, swelling of the toe, thickening or division of the nail. Moreover, when the infection spreads, you may experience pain.
What are the causes of toenail fungus? There are many reasons that can cause this problem, starting with your socks and ending with diabetes. The most common causes of toenail fungus are abnormal pH of the skin, wearing synthetic socks, sweat builds up in the toes by tight shoes, exposure to moisture, compromised immune system, poor foot hygiene, diabetes, and weak circulation.
How can you treat toenail fungus? Nowadays there are many modern medicines that can help you treat toenail fungus, including oral antifungal medicine and topical treatments. However, you should know that many of the medicines have side effects, and also have a negative impact on health.
Fortunately, you can treat toenail fungus at home inexpensively without using any medication. You can remove all the fungus and cure the infection within 1-2 months, using simple home remedies. Surprised? In our article, you will find a list of 5 home treatments for toenail fungus. All these remedies work wonders on your skin and effectively treat your toenail fungus.
You need to trim your nails before using our home remedies. Be careful with your nail clippers, they should be clean, to prevent the infection of other nails. Wash your feet in warm water and pat dry them, then you can use our 5 simple home treatments for toenail fungus. Let’s check them out!
1. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- Most of us know that ACV is one of the best home remedies for treating various diseases.
- Therefore, this remedy is no exception for toenail fungus.
- You need to mix equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar.
- You should clean your legs and soak them in this solution for half an hour at least once in a day.
- Follow this procedure for several days until you see the improvement.
2. BAKING SODA
- Baking soda will help you kill fungus and bacterial infection.
- It also neutralizes the foot odor caused by many things.
- You need to add one and a half cup of baking soda, one cup of Epsom salt, one and fourth cup of hydrogen peroxide in 4-5 cups of hot water.
- Then, you need to add one and fourth cup of white vinegar and soak your legs for 10 minutes in this solution.
- Then rinse off with water.
3. WHITE VINEGAR
- White vinegar is an excellent home remedy because it can reduce the fungus and fight the infection.
- You need to add two parts of warm water and one part of white vinegar and soak your legs for 10-15 minutes in this solution.
- Then rinse it with water.
4. LISTERINE MOUTHWASH
- Listerine mouthwash will help you kill the bacteria and fungus present in the toenails.
- You need to take a tub and add equal amounts of Listerine mouthwash and water, mix it well.
- Soak your legs for 30 minutes in this solution.
- Then rinse it with water.
5. COCONUT OIL
- Coconut oil is a universal remedy for beauty and health.
- It includes caprylic acid, which can kill many microorganisms, including toenail fungus.
- You just need to apply coconut oil on the affected areas.
- Leave it to work for a few minutes, and then rinse it with warm water.
- You can also leave this remedy until the coconut oil completely absorbed by your skin.