Have you ever heard of Intermittent fasting? It is a term for various diets that cycle between a period of fasting and non-fasting during a defined period. Some people follow intermittent fasting for years and get great results. This diet has become extremely popular around the world.
There are several options for intermittent fasting, but in this article, we will talk about the 16/8 diet. It is good for people who want to lose extra weight and gain muscles without any health consequences.
Believe us, intermittent fasting can help you slim down, boost energy levels, improve metabolism and obtain several health benefits. Are you interested? Scroll down to read about the rules of the 16/8 diet more to know how it works.
How does it work?
- The 16/8 diet proposes limiting your food intake to just eight hours of the day. You have eight hours to eat your meals. And when this period is over, you should stop eating. This eating plan is good for boosting metabolism.
- You may regulate the time of your meals on your own. If you like waking up early in the morning, you may choose a period between 8.00 and 16.00. But if you an evening person, you may choose a period between 11:00 and 19:00. It is up to you.
WHAT PRODUCTS YOU SHOULD EAT
You should divide products into two categories:
1. FAT BURNERS
- Lean meat, eggs, nuts, pumpkin seeds, low-fat natural yogurts, beans, and legumes.
2. HEALING PRODUCTS
- Berries, cherries, currants, blueberries, apples, grapefruits, oranges, lemons, cabbage, broccoli, cucumbers, spinach, sweet pepper, tomatoes, and carrots.
- You should balance your meal with at least one product of each category.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol, processed food, junk food, and soda.
- This diet is not difficult and is very effective. But in order to obtain noticeable results, you should compliment it with regular physical activity.
- Try the 16/8 diet and it will definitely help you get in shape in no time.